Father’s Day Gift Ideas
I just want to start by saying that if you find Father’s Day difficult, I’m sorry this is probably not for you.
This is my second Father’s Day without Dad, and it is hard. Alongside this I have a kids who want to celebrate Father’s Day with their fab Dad. Which means we focus on a great family day for all of us.
It is hard to strugle between conflicting emotions. I do understand, take care and hopefully catch you next month.
Father’s Day is all about celebrating the father figures in our lives. It might be your Dad, Grandad, husband or partner, or just that special person that has been a ‘Dad’ to you. It’s a day to show them how much we appreciate them for all they do. Sometimes, it can be hard to know what to get them. After all, they already have everything they need, right?
Well, not necessarily. Here are a few ideas for Father’s Day gifts that are sure to please even the most discerning dad:
- A personalised gift – Above all, a personalised gift is a lovely idea. I have a few options for this though the deadline is close (28th May).
- An experience – An experience is a great way to show your dad that you want him to enjoy himself, it’s a great chance to arrange something he wouldn’t do for himself – a real treat.
- Something he’s been wanting – If you know what your dad has been wanting, get it for him for Father’s Day! This could be anything from a new tool to a new book. A gift that he’s been wanting shows that you’re paying attention to him (bonus points).
- Something handmade – This could be anything from a card to a piece of art. It is great way to get little ones involved in creating something special for their Dad.
Meanwhile here are a few suggestions from my ready to go collection (just in case you are reading this nearer the date and have left it a little late):
- Father’s Day Bottle Openers – with fun engraved quote they are great paired with a bottle or two of his fav beer
- Coffee Plaque – ideal for the coffee lover, and would look fab near his coffee machine
- Welcome to Dad’s Bar – ideal for that home bar he built in lockdown
- Coffee Themed Plaque – certainly the ideal plaque for the Dad who struggles before he has had his first coffee
- Star Decorations – with options for Dad or Grandad, with a choice of themes ready to go these look great on a bottle of wine
- Phone Charger Stand – I have a few ready to go for Dad’s or Grandads, these are fun and functional
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2023
No matter what you choose, I’m sure he will love and appreciate. In short he deserves it!